Post in our forum for parents, teens - You! - at ConnectSafely.org.

Friday, March 18, 2005

'IM confused': Online social mishaps

Has something like this happened to you?: On a recent Saturday evening, our 13-year-old wanted to ski with a friend the next day (we'll call the friend "Bob"). We were out, so he called me on my cell phone for permission. I asked him if the get-together complied with the usual rule (if we drive you 40 minutes up the canyon, you get a ride home).

"Yeah, we're all set, Mom," was the reply. He's an organized boy, so I accepted this in good faith and drove him up to meet Bob at the bottom of the chairlift the next day, then turned around. Fifteen minutes later, the cell phone rings.... Please click to my newsletter this week for the rest of this story (and lesson learned).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home