Post in our forum for parents, teens - You! - at ConnectSafely.org.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Online sex & child protection: New studies

I recently received an email about online sexual behavior from subscriber Jerald Block, MD. He'd reviewed the latest studies (online and offline) for a talk he just gave and kindly wanted to update me. With his permission, I'm featuring it in this week's issue of my newsletter, because 1) parents should have the latest information, and 2) nowhere have I seen the most recent studies pulled together in one place, much less so succinctly. Dr. Block is a practicing psychiatrist who deals with addictions (including Net-related ones) and is also on the faculty of Oregon Health & Science University. Note one of his findings: "More generally, open family communication seemed to be essential (rather than more covert spying and the such)."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home