Post in our forum for parents, teens - You! - at ConnectSafely.org.

Friday, January 27, 2006

A mom on her daughters' blogging

The other day a candid, anonymous comment from the mother of three teenage girls landed in this blog, clearly aimed at getting the word out to fellow parents: "I am a writing this as a concerned parent who has just discovered our children are in danger. I'd like to share what I have recently discovered about myspace.com…. When it was brought to my attention about … 2 years ago by my preteen girls, I was not concerned. I asked a lot of questions but was assured that it was very clean and well monitored, just like their xanga.com websites. What I did not do was explore it first. I [didn't] until about a month ago, when my 16-year-old stepdaughter began dating much older boys and behaving oddly. I also noticed the girls (I have three) seemed to be taking a lot of pictures of themselves in a variety of outfits. Of course, all of the [photos] they showed me … were very clean. I decided to visit my teens' 'myspaces,' based on the suggestion of another concerned parent...." For the whole story, please click either to her post or to this week's issue of my newsletter for her story, followed by other examples of teen blog content from news reports in Virginia, Iowa, and Florida.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home