Post in our forum for parents, teens - You! - at ConnectSafely.org.

Friday, December 09, 2005

A mom on monitoring

The more I hear from parents, the more convinced I am that there are as many "right" ways to parent online kids as there are kids online - even within a single family. There are so many factors, from age and maturity levels to a family's own values. Which means, of course, that, in this Digital Age, more is demanded of parents all the time. So it's great to hear from you and - with your permission - to publish your stories and comments. Whether or not parents agree on approaches, the discussion is extremely valuable.

Heather in California, parent of four, emailed me recently about how well monitoring software has worked for her. I asked if she'd be willing to elaborate a bit, and she generously emailed the hands-on strategy she used with her oldest daughter. Heather certainly has an answer to parents' question about kids' privacy on the Net. I'd love to hear other parents' views (email me anytime, or post in this blog). Here's Heather (in this week's issue of my newsletter).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home