Post in our forum for parents, teens - You! - at ConnectSafely.org.

Friday, June 10, 2005

A mom takes issue with MySpace

Kathy in California recently emailed me:

"Hello Anne, I would love to correspond with other parents about this subject. Perhaps if we all shout loud enough someone just might hear us! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have three children and have cancelled two accounts. Their ages are, 13 and 15. Boys. They weren't exactly 'happy' about the cancellation, but they are good kids and comply with our rules.... I did some research.... I wanted to get an address and name of a CEO or someone other than 'Tom' [the contact provided at MySpace.com]. I've emailed Tom, and he does not respond. Anyway, you will be interested to know that I found out the names and addresses of the CEO, the president, and the founding member of the venture capitalist company. I intend on writing to them to express my feelings, most notably their lack of responsibility where children are concerned. If I could single-handedly shut them down, I'd do it in a heartbeat!" Please see this week's issue of my newsletter for Kathy's full email and one from another mother Feel free to post your own comments just below or email me thoughts, experiences, family Internet policies, etc. anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home